We are overjoyed to announce that the Mayor of Swindon for 2019/2020, Kevin Parry, has chosen to support the Swindon & North Wiltshire Deaf Children's Society and CALM (Children's Cancer and Leukaemia Movement) as his two chosen charities for his mayoral term!
We are beyond grateful and honoured to have been selected, we cannot thank Kevin and his wife Barbara enough for all of their support. The Charity Committee has been hard at work planning some huge events, with the aim of raising as much money for the two charities as possible-all funds raised will be split between the two charities 50/50.
Upcoming Fundraising Events
- 23/11/2019- Song & Dance Showcase at MECA, 6.30p - A showcase of Swindon talent with choirs and acts booked for a great family evening out - Tickets £5 per person and can be purchased on Eventbrite
- 24/11/2019 - Old Town Christmas Lights switch on from midday - 5pm
- 30/11/2019- Mayor's Christmas Market at Liden Library- Stalls and Christmas Crafts, Santa's Grotto, Raffle, Live Music, Refreshments and festive bakes for sale in Odey's Cafe.
- 06/12/2019 - Mayor's big sleep out
- 13/12/2019 - Mayor's Christmas Carol Service, Council Chambers, Civic Offices - £3 per ticket
- 14/12/2019 - Scouts & Guides will be holding a Christmas bag pack at Tesco, Ocotal Way.
- 24/12/2019 - Angel's Memory Tree at Tesco - 50p per angel
- 23/04/2020: Kentwood Choir St George's DayConcert at The Deanery Academy Theatre
PREVIOUS FUNDRAISING EVENTS & money raised for dcs
- 17/05/2019: Civic Dinner- Raised £462.50
- 17/05/2019: Mayor Making- Raised £10.50
- 01/06/2019: Cotswold Wildlife Trust ticket auction- Raised £10.50
- 22/06/2019: The Big Abseil, Jurys Inn- Kevin Parry abseiled down the side of the Jury’s Inn! - Raised £910.75 - Plus an additional £150 matched fundraising from Honda
- 05/07/2019 Kingsdown School Dress up day- Kingsdown School £1 per student to dress up- Raised £325.00
- 28/07/2019: Mayor's Charity Quiz & Curry Night at The Lalbagh Restaurant, Rodbourne- Quiz/Raffle -Raised £492.50
- 08/08/2019: Thistle Hotel Breakfast - £93.50
- August 2019: Honda Charity Poll - £250.00
- 31/08/2019 & 08/09/2019: Skydive Wanborough Airfield - Raised £5,335.00
- 22/09/2019: Swindon Half Marathon- Total amount raised TBC.
- 27/09/19: Rock 'n' Roll Bingo at The Sun Inn, Coate Water- Raised £325.00.
- 19/10/19: Charity Boxing Match - Raised £2,283.00
- November 2019 - Beat the Street will be donating funds from the event to the Mayors charities
Make a donation to Swindon and North Wilts
Deaf Children's Society through JustGiving
The NDCS has supported many families since it's creation in 1944 . Many of the children join us in adulthood to volunteer - We welcome all our supporters & you can join as a volunteer on our BECOME A MEMBER page.
To remove the barriers to the achievement of deaf children throughout the world.
The mayor of swindon 2019/20 year of fundraising